Have egg whites left over? This recipe will put them to good use.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 4 drops green food coloring
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
Beat egg whites until glossy. Add cream of tartar, vanilla, salt, mint extract and few drops of food coloring. Add sugar and beat until stiff. Fold in chocolate chips and nuts.
Line cookie sheets with foil. Grease with oil. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto foil. Put cookie sheets in oven and TURN OFF OVEN. Leave in oven overnight.