Shortbread with chocolate. The best of both worlds.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 10 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
Sift together flour and cornstarch; set aside. Cream butter until smooth, then add white sugar, confectioner's sugar, vanilla, and salt; beat until fluffy. Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating on low until dough forms.
On a floured surface, knead in 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Shape dough into two equal parts, pat each into a 6 inch round, and transfer to baking sheet. Cut into wedges.
Bake 25 minutes. Remove immediately to cool on wire rack. Melt remaining chips and drizzle over wedges.