Marshmallow creme is the surprise ingredient in this cooked fudge made with semi-sweet and milk chocolate and flecked with toasted almonds.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 4 cups white sugar
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups HERSHEY®'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 (7 ounce) bar HERSHEY®'S Milk Chocolate Bar, broken into pieces
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped toasted almonds
Line 9-inch square pan or 13x9x2-inch pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan.
In heavy 4-quart saucepan, stir together sugar, marshmallow creme, evaporated milk and butter. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to full rolling boil; boil, stirring constantly, 7 minutes. Remove from heat; immediately add chocolate chips and candy pieces, stirring until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in vanilla and almonds, if desired. Pour mixture into prepared pan; cool until firm.
Use foil to lift fudge from pan; peel off fudge. Cut into 1-inch squares. Store in tightly covered container.