As pretty as they are delicious, you add your mark to these chocolate cookies by indenting them with your thumb and placing a cherry on top.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 (12 ounce) package NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, divided
- 1 3/4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 (10 ounce) jars maraschino cherries
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
MICROWAVE 1 cup morsels in small, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100 percent) power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Combine oats, flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in medium bowl.
BEAT sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until smooth. Beat in melted chocolate. Stir in oat mixture. Cover; chill dough for 1 hour.
SHAPE dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Press deep centers with thumb. Place maraschino cherry into each center.
BAKE in preheated 350 degrees F. oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until set. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Melt remaining morsels; drizzle over cookies.