The name says it all. There 's a chocolate layer and a thick and creamy banana cream layer. But there are also lots of whipped cream topping and shredded, toasted coconut. Chill and serve this sensational deep-dish dessert to a cheering crowd.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie crust, baked and cooled
- 2 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut, toasted
Combine chocolate, 1 tablespoon milk, and butter or margarine in a medium, microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Spread evenly in pie crust.
Arrange banana slices over chocolate.
Pour 1 1/2 cups milk into a large bowl. Add pudding mix, and beat with wire whisk for 2 minutes. Stir in 1 1/2 cups coconut. Spoon over banana slices in crust.
Spread whipped topping over pie. Sprinkle with toasted coconut. Refrigerate 4 hours, or until set. Store in refrigerator.