Make Sunday brunch special with these chocolaty waffles. Topped with fruit and whipped cream, they're perfect for company or as a dessert.
INGREDIENTS (for 5 servings):
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Toppings (whipped cream, chocolate shavings, sifted powdered sugar, fresh fruit, ice cream)
COMBINE flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Microwave morsels and butter in medium, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100 percent) power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Cool to room temperature. Stir in milk, eggs and vanilla extract. Add chocolate mixture to flour mixture; stir (batter will be thick).
COOK in Belgian waffle maker* according to manufacturer's directions. Serve warm with your choice of toppings.
* Can also be cooked in standard waffle maker (makes about 20 standard-size waffle squares).