Dark chocolate frosting. The cream cheese cuts the sweetness and gives it a wonderful tangy flavor. Perfect with the Dark Chocolate Cake.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
In a bowl, beat together the cream cheese, 3 tablespoons milk, confectioner's sugar, butter, vanilla, cocoa, and cinnamon to a spreadable consistency. Beat in additional milk if necessary. For a darker frosting add more cocoa or up to 4 ounces melted chocolate. Spread onto cooled cake.