Chocolate chip cookies made with ground zucchini and a hint of cinnamon.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped zucchini
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Stir in the zucchini. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; stir into the zucchini mixture. Mix in the chocolate chips and walnuts. Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until edges are light brown. Remove from baking sheets to cool on wire racks.