It 's hard to beat a gooey, pecan-studded pie, but this one does by adding a whole new dimension with chocolate. And it works deliciously.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch single crust pie
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a large mixing bowl beat eggs until light and fluffy. Add sugar, flour, melted butter or margarine, salt, lemon juice, and corn syrup. Mix thoroughly, then stir in chocolate chips and pecans. Pour mixture into pie shell.
Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes or until set and golden.