This pie is very rich with a cup of butter, a cup of chocolate chips, a cup of sugar and a cup of chopped walnuts. And there 's a few other tasty ingredients. They all bake up famously into a delicious 9-inch pie.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch single crust pie
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
Beat eggs until frothy, add sugars and vanilla.
Melt butter or margarine, and add to sugar and egg mixture.
Stir in flour until well blended.
Mix in walnuts and chocolate chips.
Pour into pie pan and bake for 1 hour. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.