Just like a chocolate chip cookie in a pie shell, this pie is sweet, chocolaty and gooey. Flour, eggs, sugar, butter, chocolate bits, and pecans make the filling for this delightful pie that bakes in about an hour.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch single crust pie
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
In a mixing bowl, mix sugar and flour.
Stir in beaten eggs, butter, nuts, chocolate chips and vanilla. Mix well.
Pour mixture into pie crust. Place pie pan on cookie sheet. Bake in a preheated 325 degree F (165 degree C) oven for one hour.