A delicious moist cookie with creamy Chocolate Icing.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped black walnuts
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Cream together 1/2 cup butter or margarine and 1 cup light brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg, beat thoroughly. Add 1 teaspoon vanilla and mix well. Sift together flour and 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, add alternating with 3/4 cup milk to creamed mixture beginning and ending with dry ingredients. Blend in melted chocolate, then nuts.
Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets. Bake 10 -12 minutes. Cool on wire rack. When cool, frost with Chocolate Icing.
To Make Icing: Mix confectioners' sugar; 1/4 cup cocoa ; 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and milk. Mix all ingredients until smooth and creamy (may need to add more milk to get creamy consistency) . Frost cookies.