Sugar type cookie filled with a chocolate kiss.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 48 milk chocolate candy kisses, unwrapped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
Using a mixer, cream shortening and sugars until fluffy. Add egg and extracts and beat well.
Add flour, baking powder, salt, nuts and mix well.
Form into 1 inch balls. Press each ball around a kiss so kiss is completely covered (like a chocolate covered cherry).
Bake 12 minutes on ungreased cookie sheet (do not overbake). Cool on wire rack. Frost or decorate as desired.