This pie is chocolaty from top to bottom. There 's a chocolate cookie crust, a chocolate and mocha pudding filling, whipped topping and a generous sprinkling of chocolate sprinkles.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (9 inch) prepared chocolate cookie crumb crust
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package non-instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 (1.3 ounce) envelope whipped topping mix
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (1.75 ounce) package chocolate sprinkles (jimmies) (optional)
Prepare pie filling using the directions on the package, using 2 cups milk.
In a small bowl, combine 1 cup hot filling, instant coffee, and sugar. Stir to dissolve and blend. Chill.
Cool remaining filling 5 minutes, stirring several times. Pour into crust, and chill.
Prepare whipped topping mix as directed on package, using remaining 1/2 cup milk and vanilla. Beat chilled cup of pudding until smooth, and then fold into whipped topping. Pile lightly over filling in crust, spreading evenly. Chill several hours before serving. Top with chocolate sprinkles if desired.