If you're searching for something light to go with coffee, this is the recipe!
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat pan with vegetable oil spray.
In a medium bowl, cream together sugar, brown sugar, vegetable oil, egg whites, and vanilla with an electric mixer. Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture. With a wooden spoon, stir in the quick cooking oats and chocolate chips.
Drop dough by level tablespoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from baking sheets to cool on wire racks.