No one will guess there 's oatmeal in this wonderful pie that 's full of chocolate and coconut with a hint of vanilla.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch single crust pie
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Beat eggs until thick and lemon colored (about 3 minutes). Continue beating while adding sugar, salt, corn syrup, butter or margarine, and vanilla. Stir in coconut, oats, and chocolate. Pour filling into pie shell.
Bake for 50 to 55 minutes. Cool completely before serving.