Peanut butter cookies loaded with chunks of chocolate and peanuts.
INGREDIENTS (for 3 servings):
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 (1 ounce) squares milk chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups salted peanuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
In a large bowl, cream together butter, peanut butter and vanilla. Mix in sugar and egg until well blended. Combine the flour, cocoa and baking soda; Stir into the peanut butter mixture. Add the cut-up chocolate and peanuts. Stir well.
Wet hands with cold water and roll teaspoon sized amounts of dough into balls. Flatten balls slightly and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
Bake for 12 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool.