Chocolate lovers will love this combination of chocolate and pecans.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 tablespoons sifted cornstarch
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup praline liqueur
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 6 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch single crust pie
- 2 tablespoons praline liqueur
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Beat eggs slightly. Combine sugar and cornstarch, and gradually mix into eggs. Stir in melted butter or margarine. Add praline liqueur, pecans, and chocolate pieces. Pour filling into pie shell.
Bake for 45 to 50 minutes. While pie is still warm, brush a little praline liqueur over pie with pastry brush. Chill 3 hours before serving.