This is a basic chocolate sheet cake with a hint of cinnamon. A rich chocolate glaze is poured over to take it to a new level of flavor.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 1/4 cups butter or margarine, divided
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa, divided
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups unsifted flour
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk), divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup coarsely chopped nuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
Preheat oven to 350.
In small saucepan, melt 1cup butter; stir in 1/4 cup cocoa, then water. Bring to a boil; remove from heat. In large mixing bowl, combine flour, brown sugar baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add cocoa mixture; beat well. Stir in 1/3 cup EAGLE BRAND®, eggs and vanilla. Pour into greased 15 x 10-inch jellyroll pan.
Bake 15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. In small saucepan, melt remaining 1/4 cup margarine; add remaining 1/4 cup cocoa and remaining EAGLE BRAND®. Stir in confectioners' sugar and nuts. Spread on warm.
Chocolate Mocha Sheet Cake:
Add 1 tablespoon instant coffee with cocoa to cake; add 1 tablespoon instant coffee with cocoa to frosting.