Date bar topped with chocolate and nuts.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 cup dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
Cook chopped dates and water over low heat until soft. Set aside.
Cream together sugar and shortening. Add eggs and beat well. Stir in flour, salt, baking soda, cocoa and vanilla and mix well. Stir in date mixture.
Pour in 9 x 11 inch pan and top with chocolate chips and chopped nuts. Bake until toothpick comes out clean. (10 - 15 minutes)