What could possibly be better than strawberries and chocolate? Chocolate Strawberry Shortcake! Turn simple biscuit baking mix into a dessert extraordinaire with a little cocoa, sugar, milk, margarine and chocolate chips. Top with fresh or frozen strawberr
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 cups all-purpose biscuit baking mix
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup HERSHEY®'S Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup HERSHEY®'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 6 cups sliced strawberries *
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- SWEETENED WHIPPED CREAM (recipe follows)
- 1 cup cold whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Whisk together baking mix, sugar and cocoa in large bowl, breaking up lumps to blend. Add milk and butter, stirring just until combined. Add chocolate chips, mixing to distribute evenly.
Divide dough into 8 equal portions. Place on ungreased cookie sheet, spacing 2 inches apart. Flatten each portion to about 3/4-inch thickness.
Bake 12 to 15 minutes until springy to the touch. Remove from baking sheet to wire rack. Cool slightly.
Place each shortcake on an individual plate. Spoon strawberries over shortcakes; top with whipped cream. Spoon additional berries over whipped cream and sprinkle with blueberries, if desired.
SWEETENED WHIPPED CREAM: Combine 1 cup (1/2 pt.) cold whipping cream, 2 tablespoons sugar and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract in medium bowl; beat until soft peaks form. About 2 cups whipped cream.
* Sliced strawberries may be sweetened, if desired, by adding 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar to berries while shortcakes are baking.