A four layer dark chocolate torte with a cream cheese and cream frosting. This cake is a family tradition. Every occasion deserves a Chocolate Torte!
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package dark chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (1 ounce) square unsweetened chocolate
Prepare and bake chocolate cake as directed on package. Bake in 2 - 9 inch round pans. Allow cakes to cool. When cakes are cool, cut each one in half with a long serrated knife, making four layers.
In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, brown sugar and vanilla. Beat until soft.
In a separate bowl, whip cream to soft peaks, then fold into cream cheese mixture.
Place the bottom layer of cake on the serving plate. Spread 1/4 of the filling on cake layer, then continue to stack up layers with 1/4 of the filling on each layer. Finish top with the final 1/4 of filling and grate the chocolate on top. Refrigerate for 6 hours before serving.