Tired of the same old waffles? Try this cocoa flavored variation.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon milk
Preheat waffle iron. In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and cocoa. Stir in milk, eggs and butter until mixture is smooth.
To make hard sauce: stir together softened butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla extract and milk. Sauce should be fairly stiff.
Spray preheated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Pour mix onto hot waffle iron. Cook until golden brown. Serve hot with hard sauce.