The ultimate Super Bowl party sub. This is intended to feed approximately 8 people and weighs in at over 6 pounds. A loaf of French bread is layered with 6 pounds of meat and cheese, with one or two vegetables thrown on for good measure. Remember to lift
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (1 pound) loaf French bread, halved lengthwise
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 head lettuce, shredded
- 1 pound sliced cooked ham
- 1 pound sliced deli turkey meat
- 1 pound sliced cotto salami
- 1 pound sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1 pound sliced Swiss cheese
- 1 pound sliced provolone cheese
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 sweet onion, sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) can pitted black olives, sliced (optional)
- 1 (4 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained (optional)
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced (optional)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). In a small bowl, mix together the butter and garlic. Spread garlic butter on both halves of bread, and sprinkle liberally with Parmesan cheese. Place in preheated oven until cheese is golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
On the bottom half of the bread, place a layer of lettuce. Alternating between meat and cheese, arrange layers of ham, turkey, salami, mozzarella, Swiss cheese and provolone. Add a layer of tomatoes, onion, black olives, mushrooms, green peppers and anything else you like. Place the remaining half of bread on top.
Place the sandwich on a cutting board, and slice into individual servings.