Dainty appetizer sandwiches graced with an irresistibly rich and delicious olive spread -- also great as an afternoon snack!
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 (6 ounce) can Lindsay® Black Ripe Pitted Olives, drained, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons drained sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, chopped
- 3 tablespoons green onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 slices firm white sandwich bread
- 6 tablespoons light cream cheese
In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except bread and cream cheese; mix well. Cover; chill at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours before assembling sandwiches. Cut crusts from bread forming 4-inch squares; reserve crusts for another use. Spread cream cheese over bread. Spread olive mixture over 6 slices bread; close sandwiches with remaining bread, pressing lightly. Cut diagonally in half or lengthwise into rectangles.