This is a Mexican-American dish that has a surprisingly tasty flavor although some may laugh at the type of beans used. My mother made it for us as children.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 (14 ounce) package chorizo sausage, crumbled
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 (28 ounce) cans baked beans with pork
- 1 pound Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 10 (12 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chorizo, bell pepper and onion; cook and stir until chorizo is browned and vegetables are tender. Drain excess grease. Pour in the baked beans, and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes.
Serve in tortillas with shredded cheese and sour cream.