Fruit cake-like cookies. Store in an airtight container. The can also be frozen. Cookies are better after a few days, they soften.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 cups raisins
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 4 cups pecan halves
- 3 cups candied cherries
- 1/3 pound diced candied lemon peel
Soak fruits in bourbon at least 1 hour to plump.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (170 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
Cream margarine or butter, gradually adding sugar and eggs. Add dry ingredients, then fruit and nuts. Mix well.
Drop from teaspoon onto greased cookie sheets. Bake for 15 minutes. Store in an airtight container.