Good and hearty. Steak, barbecue sauce and a bowl of fresh greens - this would be fun barbecue fare. Grill the steaks and plop onto the salad.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 cup uncooked wagon wheel pasta
- 1 cup sliced, cooked lean sirloin, cold
- 3/4 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cups red leaf lettuce, rinsed and torn
- 2 cups green leaf lettuce, rinsed and torn
- 1 tomato, sliced
Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente. Drain.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine pasta, beef, onion, and green pepper. Mix well. Stir together barbecue sauce and prepared mustard, and mix into beef mixture.
Serve beef mixture over mixed greens, and garnish with tomatoes.