My great Grandmother made this every holiday. Simply unmold onto a pretty serving plate and watch your guests or you family oh and ah. Makes a pretty and wonderful desert.
INGREDIENTS (for 7 servings):
- 1 (6 ounce) package cherry gelatin
- 1 (6 ounce) package lime flavored gelatin mix
- 1 (6 ounce) package orange flavored gelatin mix
- 1 (6 ounce) package lemon flavored gelatin
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup syrup from canned pineapple
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
Dissolve the cherry gelatin in 1 cup of boiling water. When dissolved, stir in 1/2 cup of cold water and pour into an eight or nine inch square pan. Refrigerate until firm. Repeat this process with the lime and orange flavors.
In a small sauce pan, mix together the lemon gelatin with the pineapple syrup. Bring the mixture to a boil while stirring constantly. When the gelatin is dissolved, set aside and allow to cool to room temperature until thick.
Once the cherry, lime, and orange gelatin is firm, cut into 1 to 2 inch cubes. Beat the whip cream into stiff peaks, and fold it into the lemon pineapple mixture. Fold the gelatin cubes into the whipped cream mixture.
Pour the gelatin and whipped cream mixture into a buttered and graham cracker crumb dusted 9 inch tube pan. Chill for several hours before unmolding.