Banana ice cream with nuts and mini chocolate chips -- just puree bananas with milk and cream and freeze in an ice cream maker.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 4 bananas, broken into chunks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 1/3 cups heavy cream, chilled
- 2/3 cup cold milk
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
In a blender or food processor, combine bananas, lemon juice, vanilla, sugar, cream and milk. Puree until smooth. Transfer mixture to the freezer canister of an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. When ice cream begins to stiffen, add walnuts and chocolate chips.
Get out your ice cream maker and we'll let you in on some of the secrets of sweet success with homemade ice cream.