Chicken breasts are poached in chicken broth, soy sauce, and lime peels; then shredded, and added to a cilantro, shallot, lime juice, sugar, and garlic dressing. (Anchovy paste is optional.) Serve in a wrap or over your favorite green salad.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 shallots, chopped
Place the lime peel, soy sauce, and chicken broth in a skillet over medium heat. Place the chicken breasts in the skillet, and bring to a boil. Cover, and simmer until the chicken is fully cooked. Remove from heat, and allow to cool. Shred chicken, and set aside.
In a separate bowl, whisk together lime juice, olive oil, anchovy paste, sugar, salt, and pepper. Stir in garlic, cilantro, shallots, and chicken. Mix well.