Chicken, beans, corn, and rice are cooked together in a tomato-based sauce flavored with cilantro. Simple to make because you use only 1 skillet!
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) package yellow rice
- 1 (28 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chile peppers, drained
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Dredge chicken in flour to coat. Place chicken in the skillet, and cook just until browned on all sides; set aside.
Stir onion, bell pepper, and garlic into the skillet. Cook 5 minutes, until tender. Pour in chicken broth. Mix in the yellow rice, stewed tomatoes, pinto beans, black beans, corn, diced green chile peppers, and cilantro. Season with salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper. Bring to a boil. Return chicken to skillet. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 30 minutes, until rice is tender and chicken juices run clear.