This is a fresh variation on an old classic. Egg salad is spiced up with fresh cilantro and mushrooms as well as the usual ingredients. Great for a spring or summertime meal, or just as lunch to take to work!
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 5 hard-cooked eggs, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 stalk celery rib, finely diced
- 4 fresh mushrooms, finely diced
- salt and pepper to taste
In a medium bowl, stir together the eggs, mayonnaise, cilantro, mustard, lemon juice, lime juice, celery, and mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve on bread or toast.