A very simple but delightfully wonderful and versatile tuna salad is used to make this Indian-inspired version of the classic tuna sandwich. The tuna salad is made with cinnamon and curry, and served layered with reduced-fat Swiss cheese, chutney, and Bib
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 (6 ounce) cans water packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- 8 slices SARA LEE® Soft & Smooth™ Whole Grain White Bread
- 4 tablespoons chutney
- 4 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 4 leaves Bibb lettuce
In a bowl, mix the tuna, mayonnaise, mustard, relish, lemon juice, cinnamon, curry powder, pepper, and salt.
Spread 1 table spoon chutney over 4 slices bread. Top each with tuna salad, Swiss cheese, and lettuce, and then cover with remaining slices bread.
Cinnamon-Curry Tuna Salad, submitted by Dave Baker, is used to make this delicious sandwich.