Hearty bran muffins with a spicy cinnamon twist!
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 2 1/2 cups bran flakes cereal
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (10 ounce) package cinnamon chips
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
In a large bowl, combine bran flakes, flour, brown sugar, baking powder and cinnamon. Stir in buttermilk, butter, and vanilla. Fold in cinnamon chips. Spoon mixture into prepared muffin cups.
Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.