An uncommon combination of cinnamon with garlic and Italian herbs season this simple chicken dish.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons Italian-style seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Place chicken in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with ground cinnamon, seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper. (Note: You can be liberal with the seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper; however, the cinnamon should only be a dusting and not clumped.)
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.