Potatoes and chicken breast meat flavored with warm and lively seasonings are the fixings for some seriously tasty fajitas! Complete the dish with your favorite toppings, and serve with beans and rice.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 large baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno peppers
- 1 lime, juiced
- 12 (6 inch) corn tortillas, warmed
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
Place potatoes in a shallow baking dish. Drizzle with about 1/2 the oil, and season with salt. Bake 30 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven, until tender.
Meanwhile, season chicken with cinnamon, salt, and pepper. Arrange in a separate baking dish, and bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until no longer pink and juices run clear. Cool and shred.
Heat remaining oil in a skillet over medium heat, and saute onion and garlic until tender. Mix in shredded chicken, jalapeno, and lime juice. Cook until heated through.
Serve the chicken and potatoes in warmed tortillas.