These Mexican-seasoned baked beans will be a favorite of baked bean and chili lovers alike.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (28 ounce) can baked beans, original flavor, undrained
- 1 cup prepared mild or medium chunky salsa
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
In a medium saucepan, combine beans, salsa and cumin. Heat over medium-high heat 5 to 6 minutes or until hot, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in orange juice.
To serve, spoon 1/2 cup bean mixture into each of 8 individual serving bowls. Dollop each serving with 1 tablespoon sour cream, 1/2 tablespoon olives and 1/2 tablespoon green onion.