My take on the classic Peruvian ceviche. The acidity of the citrus fruit 'cooks' the fish. A nice refreshing meal on a hot summer day. It's imperative to use only freshly caught fish!
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound fresh sea bass fillets, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 avocados - peeled, pitted, and cubed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, quartered
In a medium non-reactive bowl combine the lemon juice, lime juice, ginger and olive oil. Add the bass and toss to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for about 2 hours. The flesh of the fish should be white and opaque.
Add the cilantro, onion and avocado. Season to taste with salt and pepper, toss and serve with hard cooked egg wedges.