Chicken breasts lightly seasoned and sauteed, then braised with orange juice and vegetable stock; with the delightful addition of herbs, onion, bell pepper and mushrooms this dish is a unique blend of flavors. The addition of black olives at the end is op
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
Coat chicken with flour, salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat, and sautee garlic until tender. Add chicken and sautee until browned.
Pour orange juice concentrate over chicken and cover; cook for 3 to 5 minutes, then stir in vegetable stock, cover and simmer for 15 minutes, basting with skillet juices.
Add oregano, thyme, pepper and onion; mix well and simmer for another 5 minutes. Stir in mushrooms, cover and cook for another 5 minutes. Add olives, cook for 1 more minute and serve.