This flavorful scallop and citrus dish is great served over rice or pasta.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound bay scallops
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped green bell pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 4 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons butter
Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Lightly coat the scallops in flour, and cook 1 to 2 minutes on each side, until lightly brown. Remove the scallops from the skillet, and drain excess oil. Stir in the white wine, scraping up the browned bits from the bottom of the skillet.
Mix the onion, green bell pepper, and dill into the skillet. Cook and stir for about 2 minutes. Mix in the tomatoes, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Continue cooking about 1 minute, then mix in the butter until melted. Cook and stir until the liquid has reduced by the desired amount. Return the scallops to the skillet, and cook just until heated through.