A yummy casserole with the delicious flavor of New England style clam chowder. Easy to make and very hearty. A great weeknight supper.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 (8 ounce) package uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of potato soup
- 3 (6.5 ounce) cans chopped clams with juice
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 green onions, diced
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place macaroni in the pot, cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente, and drain.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
In a large bowl, mix the cooked macaroni, 1 1/2 cups Cheddar cheese, potato soup, clams with juice, eggs, green onions, onion, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, and pepper. Transfer to a large casserole dish, and top with remaining cheese.
Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until cheese is melted and bubbly.