A rich custard is poured over sliced bananas, topped with whipped cream, and garnished with more bananas slices. This truly is a classic!
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (9 inch) baked pie shell
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 bananas, sliced and dipped in
- lemon juice from concentrate and drained
- Whipping cream, whipped
In heavy saucepan, dissolve cornstarch in water; stir in EAGLE BRAND® and egg yolks. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
Remove from heat add butter and vanilla. Cool slightly. Arrange 2 sliced bananas on bottom of prepared pie shell. Pour filling over bananas; cover.
Chill 4 hours or until set. Spread top with whipped cream; garnish with remaining banana slices. Refrigerate leftovers.