Tex Mex fajitas were first made with skirt steak and eaten by ranch hands. Fajitas now include steak, chicken, shrimp, fish, and even vegetables as fillings. McCormick® Fajita Seasoning brings together a classic blend of peppers and a hint of lime th
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 5 teaspoons McCormick® Fajita Seasoning, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Oregano Leaves
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 pounds sirloin steak or boneless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, cut in thin strips
- 1 bell pepper, cut in thin strips
- 8 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- Optional toppings: salsa, guacamole, shredded cheese, sour cream
Combine 4 teaspoons fajita seasoning with oregano, oil and vinegar in a bowl or self-closing plastic bag. Add beef or chicken; turn to coat. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Lift meat strips from marinade and place in heated skillet. Saute over medium-high heat 3 minutes. Sprinkle remaining 1 teaspoon fajita seasoning over meat strips. Add onion and bell pepper; cook and stir 5 to 6 minutes longer or until meat is done and vegetables tender.
Place some mixture in center of warm tortillas. Garnish, if desired. Fold over sides of tortilla. Serve with black beans and rice or corn and black bean salsa.