Shrimp and peppers sauteed with basil are a delightful summer appetizer or main dish component.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger root
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded fresh basil leaves
Heat the olive oil and sesame oil in a skillet over medium heat. Mix in the ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Cook and stir 5 minutes.
Stir the shrimp, red bell pepper, and yellow bell pepper into the skillet. Over high heat, cook 3 to 4 minutes, until opaque. Turn off heat, and mix in the basil leaves.