This recipe is very moist and rich. I have also made it in loaf pans, and given it away for holidays.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups grated apple
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Cream together until fluffy the eggs, sugar, butter or margarine, and water.
In another bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and spices.
Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture and mix well.
Fold in chocolate chips, apple, and vanilla extract. Stir until these ingredients are evenly distributed.
Spoon into greased, floured 10 inch bundt or loose bottom tube pan.
Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 60 to 70 minutes until cake tests done.