Taste the tropics with these chocolate and coconut brownies. Coconut rum gives them a special unforgettable flavor.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2/3 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup BACARDI® COCO™ Rum
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups grated coconut, divided
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate and butter together.
Remove pan from heat and mix in sugar, eggs, vanilla, and BACARDI® COCO™ Rum. Stir in flour, baking powder, salt and 1 cup coconut.
Spread in prepared pan and sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of coconut on top of brownies. Bake 25-30 minutes or until batter starts to pull away from the sides of pan. Cool.
Goes well with the BACARDI® Mixers Chocolate Colada.