Awesome cake if you like the flavors of coffee and coconut.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 2 1/2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1/2 cup coffee flavored liqueur
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 cups flaked coconut
Add instant coffee to cake mix and prepare cake according to instructions on package. Pour batter into 2 greased and floured 9 inch cake pans. Bake according to instructions on package. Allow to cool.
With a large serrated knife, split each layer horizontally to make 4 layers. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of the coffee liqueur on each of the 4 layers.
Make the pudding according to package directions, but add the remaining 1/4 cup of coffee liqueur. Spread 1/3 of pudding between each layer of cake as you assemble. Whip cream with sugar until stiff peaks form. Spread on top and sides of cake. Sprinkle with coconut.