Lentils are blended with a coconut and rice milk blend, and seasoned with curry. Serve this yummy soup with rice!
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 1/2 cups red lentils
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 inch piece fresh ginger root, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup soy milk
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
Place the lentils and water in a medium saucepan over medium heat, and bring to a boil. Stir in onion, garlic, and ginger. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes, or until lentils are tender.
Place the coconut and soy milk in a blender, and blend until smooth and thick. Stir into the lentil mixture. Season with curry and pepper. Continue cooking 10 to 15 minutes.