A delicious mixture of caramelized shallots sauteed with shrimp and sun-dried tomatoes in a light and creamy cognac sauce. Serve hot with a side of pasta or warm, crusty bread.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 dash dried red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and diced
- 1/2 cup cognac
- 1/2 cup fat free half-and-half
Heat the butter and olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, and saute the garlic and shallots until lightly browned. Stir in shrimp, and season with salt, pepper, and red pepper. Mix in sun-dried tomatoes. Cook and stir 5 minutes, or until shrimp is opaque and lightly browned.
Pour cognac into the skillet, and stir to loosen browned bits from bottom. Reduce heat to low, and stir in half-and-half. Simmer 5 minutes, or until slightly thickened.